Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Pizza, Hearts and Notes of Hope


Today I was really craving pizza. These days, things are a bit hard to come by up here in Citta Alta. Thankfully, Damimmo's was open and yes! they were making pizzas!! Margherita here I come!











The guy told me I had to wait 15 min. for the pizza. Now, normally this is not a problem, but we are on lockdown. I felt very conspicuous waiting outside for the pizza, but I had no choice. I stared into the windows of the closed shops looking at all the beautiful merchandise. 15 minutes pass very slowly. People were giving me weird looks probably wondering why I was hangin' around.





Finally, the cook came out with the pizzas and I said, grazie mille, those are for me. I walked on home and on the way I noticed these letters of hope taped to the doors and windows of the shops. I wondered who wrote them all and taped them up.










As I passed through the Piazza Vecchia on my way back to the apartment, taped out among the vast emptiness of the piazza was this large heart.










No words........













 





No comments: