Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Hearts of Hope

   
Hearts of Hope



Most of the days here are the same. I teach online during the week, plan our groceries for 2x/week and sit in our indoor courtyard to bask in the sunshine that is only there 3 hours per day. I actually look forward to getting groceries as it gets me outside and I admit, it's getting harder and harder to be confined.







An old friend from elementary school suggested I create hearts to place around Bergamo. There were already beautiful rainbow posters made by the school children displayed around town.




Since I love doing mail art, I thought why not? I don't have a printer so I cut all my hearts from random wrapping paper and decorated them using ink pens, bits of paper, ink stamps and stencils. I made about 20 of them to begin with.  I gathered them all up with some scotch ready to post them around Citta Alta.     



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Now, we had just gotten the notice that now we were required to wear masks whenever we went out. I was wearing them anyway as I thought if someone coughs I don't want to have any of that on me.  We are only to go out for essential items and I thought well, this is deemed essential - spreading love around Citta Alta.



So I got all donned up and put on my bandanna scarf, placed my paper mask over my bandanna, took a shopping bag, and proceeded on my way. I ran out way before I should have. I need to go make more to blanket the shops along the bottom of Citta.



Big  ❤️ to all!







No comments: