Saturday, March 21, 2020

No ordinary Saturday in Bergamo

With the days becoming warmer and the sun pushing through, the quarantine is proving more and more difficult to stay in. 








Bergamo is so beautiful and a great place to discover yet unchartered walks. I really try to limit the number of days I go out and when I do, it's a straight shot to the fruit and vegetable or prepared food shop and home. I often cheat and take the long walk home to enjoy a few more minutes of open air. 



Today at the shops, I noticed one cannot even go inside any longer. As I walked toward my shop, I was perplexed as to why the lines seemed longer. Well, stricter measures seemed to have started and owners must now serve you from the entrance to their shops. You can keep yelling back to make your order. 



Now, one thing since being here I have not improved on is my Italian. Since I just needed milk, cream and chips I did know the words. However, when I tried to ask for spicy chips, she thought I wanted pepper. I guess next time, I better have my list translated in Italian prior to waiting in line. Maybe I should learn the line for toilet paper!đŸ€Ł



As I walk home, I look at all the signs made by school children saying all will be okay. I sure hope so.......




No comments: