Friday, May 1, 2020

4 May 2020!!

   
Yesterday I went out for essentials and for the first time I was amazed at how many people were out and about. Usually, when I go out, I may see 3 or 4 people. The streets are usually deserted. 








However, 4 May is this coming Monday and I know everyone here in Bergamo is eagerly awaiting this day. I gather from the additional people out and about these last few days, they are ready!












You see, starting on 4 May one of the new orders for Phase II is we can go for a walk or a jog. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but for those of us in the heart of Bergamo, we have been waiting for a bit of a reprieve from this virus. We still cannot leave the region, need to wear a mask, and still must carry a form, however, just being able to go beyond our immediate area offers a bit of hope.











The Government has issued new orders for Phase II of the lockdown. Some restrictions are being slightly removed to prepare for this new phase. While the horrendous situation will stay with Bergamo for a long time to come, Bergamaschi are resilient and they will rise. Their city will be better than ever.











As I walked around, I saw this little girl twirling in her pink tutu and gold jacket, aware only of the beautiful days to come.















No comments: