Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life in the Compagne

Spending time in the Compagne* always yields new and interesting finds. Imagine my surprise when I came across two!! very cool drive-up stands. Imagine pulling up to a take-away fresh milk stand where you can dispense real fresh milk that is lait cru**. You purchase sterile plastic bottles - just make sure to read the sign first as unbeknownst to me, the machine doesn't give change so I kept pushing the bottle button and out spilled 5 plastic bottles! Oh well, more fresh milk! Put the bottle under the dispenser and push - voilá! fresh milk - and it is sooo good! I wish we had one of these in our town! What a genius invention.








The second very cool drive-up stand was a wash/dry stand! Imagine, pull up - throw your wash in the dryer, do your grocery shopping and 30 minutes later your clothes are dry!  There are two washing machines available, but I only used the dryer as our house had a washing machine. This is a new novelty at this grocery store and they are trying it out. I cannot imagine it not being a success as most people have a washing machine, but not a dryer as electricity is quite expensive. The downside would be if you had to wait a while for the machine.






*countryside
** raw milk - non-pasteurized

No comments: