Sunday, October 28, 2012

American Diner

Just a stones throw from the Paris Opera is a fun place called Happy Days Diner. The inside is decorated like a real 50s diner complete with old vintage signs and a juke box!! One even sits in the old-fashioned booths with their logo stitched into the seats. - that was cool! The food is totally American! If you are missing that got to have it hamburger, nachos, milkshakes, onion rings, this is your place!! I didn't try any of the food, so I can't give you my opinion on it. However, we did have the Chocolate Viennois* which was very good. There was so much whipped cream in there, I wasn't sure I had any hot chocolate!! There was even marshmallow fluff served on top of the whipped cream.  I like my hot chocolate a bit richer and more chocolatey than this, but maybe they were going after what Americans were more used to rather than their French counterparts. But all in all a good deal at 3,50 euros.

* hot chocolate with whipped cream

No comments: